by: Henry & Richard Blackaby with Claude King
“What is God’s will for me?” This is a question we are always asking. We are glad God is intimately involved in every area of our lives, and is constantly guiding and leading us according to His will. Henry Blackaby explores how God reveals His will for us in our everyday lives in the book, Experiencing God.
The book is centered on the “Seven Realities of Experiencing God”:
- 1. God is always at work around you.
- 2. God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
- 3. God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
- 4. God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
- 5. God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
- 6. You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
- 7. You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.
Discovering God’s will in your life comes through a personal relationship with Him. Be still and listen. God will reveal Himself and His purposes to you. Readers will find encouragement through their everyday experiences and finding God’s plan there. Experiencing God will challenge readers to serve God where He needs us (which may be out of our comfort zone). Through the book we can learn to have a true, deep, personal relationship with God.